Repair Work before Refinishing:
- Rust Damage
- Heavy Texture on Tub sidewalls and bottom
- Removal of prior repair attempts
- Wall integrity around fixtures
- Tile integrity around fixtures
- Drill holes
- Removal of non-original surface coatings / safety strips, etc
http://forbiddentattooandpiercing.com/envira/buddy-ormond/4/ The cost and time to complete the refinishing job depends on the placement of windows for ventilation.
- Is there a window in the bathroom?
- If yes, does it open to the outside?
If not, or if there are no windows for ventilation in bathroom –
- it will be necessary to ventilate the area in some manner while work is in progress
It is more difficult to refinish with a window directly over a tub or sink.